Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fav Gaming Moments

Written in no particular order of funniness...


1. Back in the townhome...after a long night of drinking and gaming...we had finished up the gaming session and were packing up to call it a night. Nathan had been drinking most of the night and had passed out cold somewhere in the middle of the gaming session. While we were gathering character sheets and sorting through dice...Nathan sits straight up, grabs two d10s, rolls them and proclaims, "I make my saving throw versus coldness". And then promptly crashes his head back on the table.


2. Once we had a fabulous idea to create an entire group of "Jersey Gnomes". And thus they were written, approved and we started on our first mission. For the life of me, I can't remember what the mission was...but yes we all spoke with the "Jersey" accent. We were one day out of the Gnome Homecity when we came across a clearing with a huge plant and several dead gnomes beneath it. Hmmm. Clearly our level 1 gnomes could take this on! One by one the plant pwned all of us and sucked out our brains...save for one - Jason Kuykendoll's gnome. JK was nice enough to leave a sign by the road before he left to return to the Gnome Homecity which said, "Beware of plant. Don't be that guy".


3. After the aforementioned disaster...we started on the 2nd round of "Jersey Gnomes". We actually made it several days out of the city before we came across a destroyed caravan. Dead gnomes were everywhere. As we searched through the wreckage for whatever we could find...JAP motions with his foot (IRL) and says, "Hey, I knew this frickin' guy over here. He was a good guy" (in the best Jersey accent he could muster...love you Jason!). The current DM ruled that JAPs character actually kicked at the dead gnome's head...and we were spontaneously inundated with gnome zombies. I think we all pretty much died in that encounter too. The Jersey Gnomes have not been resurrected since.


4. JAP wrote a rogue character and modeled it after some Forgotten Realms book. He thus titled his character, The Crimson Shadow. Punchline to his character title is this - he kept almost dying in every encounter we had. So much to the point we renamed his character, The Crimson Stain. Hahahaha.


5. A few years back, several of us were engaged in a box campaign called "The Night Below". Nathan & I wrote up brother & sister dwarf clerics of Clanggeddin Silverbeard. Through the course of this campaign we became rather powerful and had oodles of magic items. And we invented our own sport, Bowling for Kobolds. Bowling for Kobolds involved Nathan's Dwarf using his boots of speed and my Dwarf using her boots of levitation...and running head first into a patch of kobolds. :) Uber fun.


6. My final entry for now...and I don't think many of you know about it. I started gaming in '98 while living in Oklahoma. One of my more memorable characters was Bethany a High Elf Fire Mage who was very snotty as high elves are supposed to be... One of my friends, Bob, wrote up Tune a non-high elf bard/magic user whom Bethany enjoyed insulting, arguing with and basically making her life miserable. One day I was right in the middle of an argument with Tune (which was escalating greatly) when I stood up, pounded my fists on the table and said, "I WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!". Erm...oops. *sigh* So much for being righteous.

2 Speak now or forever shut the *bleep* up:

Shrubbery said...

What...no mention of The T***t Room...prude.

Emi Elf said...

=P

I figured it had already been covered...TWICE!